OHS COMPLIANCE SERVICES
Please note: The below services are limited to time allocated to the contract and will be carried out according to priority as decided upon between client and agent.
All inspections of the premises are subjective and will be performed to the best of our ability.
Occupational Health and Safety Act, No 85 of 1993
- Legal Compliance Audits.
- Management Presentations (Consequences of Non-Compliance).
- “Right –to-Know” Employee Awareness Presentations.
- (OHS Act/COID Act/Personal Hygiene/Safe Lifting Techniques/Protective Equipment Use)
- Hazardous Chemical Substances Employee Awareness Program.
- Incident Reporting and Investigation Workshops.
- Hazard/Risk Inspection Workshops.
- Risk Assessment and Occupational Hygiene Surveys.
- Compliance Implementation, Maintenance and Department Labour Interaction
Compensation for Occupational Injuries and Diseases Act, No 130 of 1993
- Compensation Administration Workshop.
- Compensation, Registration, Assessment and Claim Analysis.
- Compensation Claims Administration.
- Medical Surveillance / Biological Monitoring.
- Fire Equipment Servicing (Recommendation and Vetting).
- ISO 18000 Certification.
- Crisis Communication and Reputation Management.
- Evaluation of Existing Emergency Procedures.
- Site Specific Emergency Programs and Manuals.
- Legal Compliance Manual / Pack / Envelope.
- OHS / Compensation for Occupational Injuries and Diseases Act Booklets.
- Prescribed and critical equipment control documentation.
- First Aid Kits.
- “Best Practice” (Improved Housekeeping, Waste Reduction, Problem Solving).
- Learning Academy for developing safety consultants.
- Understanding, Accepting and Communicating Change with a positive Attitude.
- “Democratic Change” Facilitation.
Prescribed Educational Training
Occupational Safety Training Academy – an Independent Division of Scott-Safe
- Occupational Health and Safety Workshops (Managers, Supervisors, Health and Safety committee members).
- Certified Operator Training for Lifting Machinery.
- Clearance Certificate Training Course (Confined Space / Hot Work / Lock-out).
- Basic Fire Fighting for First Responders.
- First Aid Training Course (Level 1/2/3).
Onsite Outsourced Contract Client Compliance Service
We will undertake to maintain the following compliance activities on your behalf, thereby ensuring ongoing optimum operations of critical services, allowing management to focus on core-business.
- Formally inspect the entire premises identifying physical hazards, hygiene stress factors, hazardous chemicals substance exposure, environmental concerns and general liability risk issues. A written report with recommendations will be submitted to the responsible person for rectification purposes.
- Check and ensure that all the relevant prescribed equipment is inspected, tested and/or serviced by an Approved Inspection Authority with such reports on file. Deviations will be reported in writing to the responsible person for rectification purposes.
- Co-ordinate the formal inspection of selected critical equipment according to a maintenance checklist, as set up and agreed to by the client.
- Co-ordinate the development and display of a floor plan for reference during an emergency.
- Inform all employees, full time and part time, about their rights and responsibilities in terms of both the Occupational Health and Safety and Compensation for Occupational Injuries and Diseases Acts as amended, using our unique ‘Right to Know’ handout for acknowledgement. This activity will accommodate new employees and will be redone every two years.
- Establish and facilitate Occupational Health and Safety Committee meetings where applicable in the prescribed manner.
- Co-ordinate Occupational Hygiene surveys where required using an Approved Inspection Authority only and ensure that recommendations are implemented through the Health and Safety Committee.
- Arrange all prescribed educational training as required i.e. fire fighting, first aid, health and safety and operator licensing, as approved by the client.
Coach Health and Safety Representatives to perform their function effectively.
- Check the completion and distribution of all the necessary incident and compensation documents in the case of accidents and assist with the necessary investigations by management and Health and Safety Representatives making recommendations directly to the responsible person for rectification purposes. All incidents will be recalled at the Health and Safety Committee meeting to ensure that the necessary procedures were followed.
- Set up and implement an effective evacuation instruction, accommodating all the various parties who may be affected i.e. employees, temporary staff, contractors and public. Evacuation drills will be facilitated with the approval of the client.
- Establish and facilitate safety liaison committees where necessary.
- Establish and participate in the company’s contractor control committee where applicable.
- Assist management for a Department of Labour investigation in the case of a ‘reportable’ accident and interact with inspectors during the process, where possible.
- Assist with the development of safe working instructions for high-risk tasks, as identified with the client. These should be implemented and integrated into job descriptions thereby creating a specific scope of authority for the exposed individuals.
- Formalise the Occupational Health and Safety compliance activity using our unique compliance system as a benchmark.
- Master documents will be kept in the Occupational Health and Safety Manual, with day to day control documents kept in the 3 in 1 filing system. A management report and compliance status evaluation will be submitted after every visit so as to ensure that the compliance standards are met. (Unless otherwise arranged by the client.)